This post really ought to be about my new manga transdub project, but it appears I’m back on my bullshit, because the whole discourse surrounding the “wrongness” of scanlation that I constantly see on social media, frankly, drives me bonkers, in part because people on “either side” of the issue never seem to be asking the useful questions or speaking from a shared set of facts.
[Comics] as Reading
- START HERE!
- Chapter 1. Conclusion: What We Fail to Contemplate Contemplates Us
- Intermissive 1 – Allen Say’s Drawing From Memory
- Chapter 2. [Manga]
- Intermissive 2 – Nick Sousanis’s Unflattening and Christophe Chabouté’s Tout Seul
- Chapter 3. Discipline, Langue, and Play in the Discourse of [Comic] Studies
- Chapter 4. [Comics] in the Web, or A Theory of Textual Infrastructure
- Chapter 5. Introduction – [Comics] as Guide to Textual Subjectivity